Things seem to always be changing with Covid restrictions and whatnot, so this will be the best place to find all of the up to date info on what to expect for your appointment.
What is new:
The tattoo area is now located on the second floor. If you are unable to use stairs, please call us ahead of your appointment so we can set up our station on the first floor for you.
We wanted to reach out to you to give you a heads up on all the things you will need to know for your upcoming appointment. We will have a few new procedures in place to ensure the safety of our clients and ourselves.
What you need to know:
If your piece is a larger size, we advise you to take a short break every hour. Anyone can sit for one hour right? It's mostly psychological. Please get a good night's rest before the day of your appointment and eat a large meal of low GI foods such as rice, muesli, etc. We also have a drink and snack station at your disposal. This is so your blood sugar stays at an optimal level for us to continue tattooing without anyone becoming fidgety, shaky, or cranky. If you do all of these simple steps this ensures that we can keep tattooing for four to five hours happily and easily!
- We won’t be able to accommodate any guests with our clients, so please come to your appointment alone.
- Park in the community lot by Club 2000 at 28 East Walnut Street. It is metered parking. The silver meters allow for up to 12 hours. Yellow meters are maximum time for 2.5 hours. From there the shop is just a short walk away.
- Please only bring the necessities with you to your appointment: ID, payment, cell phone, keys, etc.
- When you arrive please call the shop at 717-634-5685 to let us know you have arrived. You may be asked to wait a few minutes so your artist can prep their station. We prefer clients do not show up any earlier than 5 minutes prior to appointment time. CHECK IN will be in our Art Collective shop located at 8 Baltimore Street. Our shop assistant will meet you at the door with paperwork for you to fill out while you're waiting.
- As of now, PA has lifted the mask mandate and we will no longer be requiring the use of masks. However, if it makes you more comfortable please feel free to wear one. You may also request that we wear them during your appointment as well - just notify our shop assistant so they can communicate with the artists.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer; anyone with a temperature of 100.3 or higher will have to reschedule. We recommend taking your temperature at home before arriving to avoid any surprises. If you have been feeling sick or experiencing any Covid-like symptoms we ask that you also reschedule.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Please thoroughly read the release forms, and aftercare instructions you will be given after your appointment.
If you have any questions or concerns about our new procedures, please feel to reach out. We’ll see you soon!
- The Blue Bird Tattoo Crew